Friday, October 26, 2007

Boo!

A glimpse of Halloween past

"Halloween"
Oil on canvas
24 x 18 inches


Well, the "Trick or Treat" day is coming up fast and I thought I'd share this painting with you. Rubenstein's was a neat old store that sold all kinds of holiday and party goods. They were housed in a wonderful building on Broadway with lovely detailing on the window trim and facade. As with so many places in the city, they relocated several years ago. Another "lost" bit of NYC. This Halloween-decorated window caught my eye as the sun was shining on the building and casting interesting shadows on the windows. I'm planning on taking some photographs at the annual Halloween Parade on 6th Avenue this year and there might be another "Halloween" painting in my future. Enjoy the holiday!

No comments: