Thursday, December 11, 2008

Vernon-Jackson

First stop in Queens

LIC/Vernon-Jackson
Oil on canvas
8 x 10 inches
Sold


One of my favorite paintings in the current show at Art-O-Mat. This subway sight greets me daily and I'm reminded of the faded elegance of many of the subway stations and of the marvelous and intricate mosaic work to be found. These are modest mosaics compared to some other stations, but there is beauty among the grittiness of the subway platform. I suspect that along with the thousands of new residents moving into the neighborhood in the not-to-distant future, this subway stop might undergo a renovation/ transformation once the economy rights itself.

The show "L.I.Changing" has been extended through February 8th. From now until December 22, the gallery will be open 7 days a week as well. I'm enjoying meeting people at the gallery and talking about the paintings and the neighborhood. For info on the show and Art-O-Mat click here.

1 comment:

Marilyn Farrell Webberley said...

Your work is so amazing - love the images shown on the gallery page for your solo exhibition, too.
All the best,
Marilyn