Monday, February 2, 2009

100 cups of tea

Another change in the scenery

"LIC/Millies II"
Oil on panel
6 x 6 inches
NFS


Millie's Deli closed on Friday for renovations. The current owners have been in that spot for 20 years and decided it was a time to update. This place is across the street from my studio and I often run in for a quick snack during the afternoon when my energy starts to lag. When I heard that there would be changes to the space, I offered to do a painting to capture, yet again, a little bit of the history of the neighborhood. Last week I dropped off the painting as promised and there was instant delight on the faces of the folks working there. I asked if I would be treated to a cup of tea upon the re-opening sometime in March and the owner shouted out loud for all to hear, "100 cups of tea!" Sounds like a good deal to me.

No comments: