Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gramercy Park South

The last painting for the upcoming October exhibit


"Gramercy Park South Snow"
Oil on canvas
10 x 8 inches


Today's painting is a new one and my last piece for the upcoming exhibit, "Triple Play: Flatiron/Gramercy from 3 Angles", at the Franklin 54 Gallery, October 19 - November 24. Another snowy scene from last winter's snowstorm. I liked the contrast of the snow against the old brownstone steps and wrought iron railings.

I had hoped to paint several more small paintings for the show, but as the gallery is only so large we have limited our works to 14 artworks from each artist, 42 artworks in total. That will make for a nice selection of work. Our brochure has arrived from the printer and looks fabulous! Will be gearing up to do a mailing soon.

The business of art takes as much time as the making of art these days. I would much rather spend my time in front of the easel painting my little heart out, but I've learned over the years that artists really need to be proactive in "getting the work out there," not an easy task but a necessary one. Here's hoping all the hard work will yield results.

No comments: