Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mystery solved...almost


"Abstract Reflections"
Oil on canvas
24 x 24 inches


The mystery of where this subject was taken has been bothering me as I usually can identify the buildings and sites I paint. So, I went back into my iPhoto files - and I had a lot of photos to look through - but methinks the mystery is almost solved. I took the photo that this painting is based on in December of 2009 and believe it is a building on Fifth Avenue, not far from Bergdorf Goodman. My suspicion is that it might be a reflection of St. Patrick's Cathedral, but maybe not. The only thing to do now is to head back to midtown and look around. As I've been immersed in reading the Sherlock Holmes and Mary Russell series of books by author Laurie R. King for the last few months, I'm in full-blown detective mode. Hopefully the answer to the location of this painting will soon be found.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

regardless - it is a beautiful painting