Monday, August 20, 2018

Homestretch of "Reflections on the City"

Some installation photos of the exhibition




My exhibition is nearing completion as I will be de-installing on August 29th. Sitting at the gallery in midtown Manhattan during the hot, hazy and humid days of August has been an interesting experience. Thankfully the air conditioning is working and it is a beautiful space in which to spend time.

Had a lovely reception with many people coming by from different parts of my life - collectors, old friends, new friends, former co-workers, tourists, artists and others. Felt as if I was in an episode of "This is Your Life."

I learned that 485 Madison Avenue was once the home of CBS and that Orson Welles famous "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast took place there in 1938. Like so many buildings in New York, this one is steeped in history and I enjoyed learning a bit of trivia.

If you have a chance to stop in and say hello before the exhibit comes down it would be great to see you.

No comments: