Sunday, September 5, 2021

Allied Artists of America 108th Annual Exhibition

 

"Reflections in the '30's III"
Oil on canvas
24x18 inches

Yesterday a friend and I stopped in to see the 108th exhibition of the Allied Artists of America installed in the beautiful and regal Salmagundi Club on Fifth Avenue. I'm always delighted to show my work surrounded by many fine, primarily realistic works in this annual exhibition.

This painting of reflections on a glass facade on Madison Avenue caught my eye as I walked to and from the east side Ferry during the Covid pandemic as NYC was first coming out of lock down. Vivid and abstract, I've painted several versions of these reflections and just love coming across these views unexpectedly.

The exhibition is free and open to the public through September 19th.


No comments: