Friday, August 17, 2007

Brruuuccceeee!!!

A magical fall

"Rockin' at the Garden
Oil on canvas
24 x 36 in.


It's offical, Springsteen otherwise known as "The Boss" and the E Street Band will be back in October with a new release, "Magic", and an upcoming tour - wahoo! Ever since I heard the song "New York Serenade" while listening to Alison Steele, "The Nightbird" on WNEW-FM in '75, I've been a fan. Most of my friends aren't though, and some go so far as to turn off the radio when one of his songs air, but I know I'm in good company with the millions of fans out there who love the music as much as I do. A few years back I was lucky enough to get a ticket to see the show that reunited Bruce and the E Street Band at Madison Square Garden, and the concert was subsquently released as "Live In New York". I was up on my feet through most of the show, and it was really a "magical" experience, especially when Bruce dusted off and played "New York Seranade" once again. As a result, I did this painting while listening to the cd and reliving the great musical night that was. Looking forward to October and some new, great, rockin' music - YES!

No comments: