Tuesday, May 19, 2009

NAWA Exhibits at UBS Gallery and Salmagundi

National Association of Women Artists - 120th Anniversary Exhibition

A few nights ago I attended the opening reception of "A Parallel Presence" at the UBS Gallery on 6th Avenue and 51st Street in Manhattan. The show commemorates the 120th anniversary of the National Association of Women Artists and features works from the permanent collection whose home is at the Zimmerli Museum of Rutgers University. Works by members spanning the decades such as Louise Nevelson and Idelle Weber can be seen along with a recent sculpture by my artist friend Pam Cooper, which I was delighted to see displayed. The show runs through July 31, 2009 and is free to the public, so if you're in midtown, stop by.


Photograph of Pam Cooper with her sculpture at the UBS Gallery

Another show currently on view is NAWA's Annual Exhibition, a large group show at the Salmagundi Club on Fifth Avenue and 12th Street in a lovely old brownstone. My painting "Remembering Tower Records" is on view and I was delighted to learn that it had received an award when I visited the show yesterday. I have been a member of this organization since the 1980's and my painting, "Gold Dome", is part of NAWA's permanent collection, of which I am very proud. The exhibit is open to the public through May 29th.


"Remembering Tower Records"
Oil on canvas
9 x 12 inches

No comments: