Thursday, September 9, 2010

Florin + Warburg Realty

Art and Real Estate


Card for exhibit with images of paintings "The Cable Building" and "G.E."

It has been a busy time as I am gearing up for two exhibits this Fall. Today I installed 18 pieces in the Tribeca office of Warburg Realty Partnership Ltd. The artwork is scattered around the space, some on large walls and others tucked away in nooks and crannies. A business involved with New York buildings seemed like a good match for my work. I picked out an interesting selection of artwork, some old, some new. I actually had a painting that had been done a number of years ago of a building located around the corner from the office which I dusted off and hung.

The New York Mercantile Exchange Building, a real beauty, sits just across the street from the office. I had painted and sold the painting I had done of that building awhile back so I made an inkjet print and hung that as well.


Inkjet print from my painting "New York Mercantile"

The exhibit will be on view through December so if you find yourself in the neighborhood, drop in and take a peek. The office is located at 100 Hudson Street, corner of Leonard.

No comments: