Thursday, February 17, 2011

Midtown in the Midwest

"Reflections of the City"

"Vesey II
Oil on canvas
30 x 24 inches


A solo exhibition of 18 paintings will be on view from February 19 - March 31, 2011 at Southwest Minnesota State University Art Museum in Marshall, MN.

Being a New Yorker I sometimes lose sight of the fact that there are thousands and thousands of towns and cities that I've never visited or even heard of. That was true of Marshall, MN until a few years ago when my cousin married a lovely gentleman from that very town. Then add to the mix an artist/curator that I met through the Franklin 54 Gallery where I've exhibited who lived in and taught for many years in non-other than Marshall, MN. Coincidence? Not sure why but the stars aligned and I was offered the opportunity to exhibit my work there. I happily accepted.

No comments: