Thursday, October 18, 2007

Oh What a Night

Springsteen and the E Street Band rock the Garden - and I was there!

30 Years!
Oil on canvas
12 x 9 inches


Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band rolled into NYC last night and I was up on my feet singing and rockin' along with the sold-out crowd at Madison Square Garden. Sitting up in the nosebleed section, behind the stage no less, I was able to see and hear just fine. Another memorable concert for this long-time fan. Heard new songs from the new release and a bunch of old favorites as well, a great mix of music.

When "Born to Run" celebrated its 30th Anniversary in 2005, I decided to do a painting, and found these flyers pasted onto scaffolding on Lexington Avenue, in front of the Armory. A little Bruce, a little New York scenery, a fun painting to work on. If you ever have the opportunity to see this great performer live, I guarantee you'll not be disappointed, the man and the band know how to put on an amazing show. So, I thought I'd share this painting with you today while I relive last night's concert - what a show!

No comments: