Friday, October 3, 2008

An Edward Hopper Week

First the boyhood home

Hopper House Gallery photo taken October 1, 2008

Last Sunday I attended the reception for the "Small Matters of Great Importance" exhibit at the Hopper House Gallery and had a delightful afternoon. The house itself, boyhood home of artist Edward Hopper, is a small space, the rooms very compact. Nice wooden floors throughout, and nice light streaming in through the windows. And article appeared in the area newspaper and my painting "LIC Courthouse-Flag" was reproduced, very nice. Click here to read article

This week-end I'll continue with my Edward Hopper journey when I visit his studio in Greenwich Village. It will be open to the public as part of the Open House New York week-end, a great event that I enjoy every year. It's a wonderful way to go behind the scenes of some interesting sites in New York. Click here to check out the sites that will be open to the public. http://www.ohny.org/weekend/

Work on the LIC series for the upcoming December show is still going along like gangbusters. My friend designed a really nice brochure that is now at the printers. Gearing up for a great show!

No comments: