Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Old Neighborhood

A sunny day in the 'hood

"4709"
Oil on canvas
10 x 8 inches


Another newly commissioned painting finished. It's always a relief when a commissioned painting is done and I feel I've managed to do the subject justice. This family scene in LIC is of a long-time resident and her children who grew up in this home. The two sisters posed in the doorway and finally got Mama to come downstairs and join them for this family portrait of sorts. For me it's really about painting the neighborhood and the buildings but I do enjoy painting figures now and then. Although I don't consider myself a "portrait painter" by any means, I think I captured these family members standing in their doorway nicely. Hope they like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its great to see that every thing here is getting more lively...
___________________
Andrew
We do your Marketing for best sales