Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Courthouses Here and There

Beaux Arts Beauties

"Downtown Courthouse Reflections"
Oil on canvas
10 x 10 inches


Starting off the New Year with a new painting. Last fall, I wandered around the city with my friend Sandy, visiting a bunch of sites open to the public for the Open House New York week-end. Having done a lot of walking we took a much-needed break and sat ourselves down on a bench downtown. I noticed some interesting reflections of the courthouses on Centre Street reflected on a glass facade and since I'd already taken a load of photos that day I figured why not a few more? This painting is the result. I really enjoy the way each panel tells its own little story.


"LIC/Courthouse Fountain"
Oil on canvas
10 x 10 inches
Sold


Courthouses seem to be the theme this month as I just learned that my painting, "LIC/Courthouse Fountain" had been sold on the last day of the Small Works exhibit I participated in at the Jeffrey Leder Gallery in Long Island City. Another painting sold at the opening reception so the book-ended sales were nice news indeed.

No comments: