Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A reflection in Long Island City


"Court Square Reflections"
Oil on canvas panel
6 x 6 inches


Today's painting depicts a reflection in the window of the Court Square Diner in Long Island City. A young man is heading to the #7 train, at the first elevated stop in Queens. I've walked on this street thousands of times but one day the light was shining on the window of the diner and I was taken with the colors and composition. I came back with my camera and took several photos. This is a small study for a larger and more involved painting that I am planning. Still painting the LIC neighborhood as I always seem to find inspiration here.

I am offering this painting on an eBay auction. If you would like to bid, please click this link.

This painting has been sold.

No comments: