Thursday, May 16, 2013

The LIC Arts Open is off and running


"LIC Manhole Cover Pillow
16x16
Cotton patchwork


One of the LIC-themed pillows I'll have on view at my studio.

The fun has begun here in Long Island City, Queens, New York! Last evening I attended the preview reception for the 10 x 10 exhibition at Juvenal Reis Studios. This is the second year artists have contributed work for this fundraiser, and I submitted a painting this time around. The word to best describe the show is - DIVERSE. There will be an auction of the work on Sunday, May 19th, for more info here's a link.

Also checked out the "Gimme Shelter" photography exhibit at InSite Design Studio, curated by Oretes Gonzalez. Some very fine black and white photography.

Headed over to the Diego Salazar Gallery to see another DIVERSE group exhibition and was delighted to find that both of my LIC-themed paintings were hanging next to the work of Dennis D'Amelio, a long time LIC artist whose work I always enjoy seeing. The show was elegantly installed by another one of my favorite LIC artist's, Elinore Schnurr.

The fun continues and this evening I'm heading over to the Queens Plaza area. There is so much to see during this 4 day event. Check out the brochure for a complete listing of events.

No comments: