Monday, August 12, 2013

A Ninth Avenue Street Scene from the 1970's

"Bodega"
Oil on canvas
18 x 22 inches
SOLD


I have decided to offer several older paintings for auction as I am going through my studio shelves and trying to organize and make some room for new works.

This first painting is a scene from the annual 9th Avenue Food Festival, a lively street fair that was one of the earliest and is still a go-to destination for me every May. I have done many paintings over the years, inspired by the sights, sounds and smells of this fun event.

Today's painting depicts some neighborhood residents checking out the food offerings from the folks that live in the area. It was created in 1978 and is an early work to be sure.

If you would like to bid on this painting, here is the eBay link.

I've pulled out several more paintings from my shelves and will be offering them for auction in the coming days. Check out eBay or this blog for the new offers.

No comments: