Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Documenting New York City in paint

The New York Times featured and article, ("Before the Wrecking Ball, an Artist Captures a City," October 28, 2014, Page A26, New York edition) about Hedy Pagremanski, an 85 year old artist, setting up her easel on the Lower East side and painting buildings about to be demolished. She has been documenting the streets of the city for many years.

The link to the article is http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/nyregion/an-artist-is-chronicling-a-disappearing-new-york-city-one-painting-at-a-time.html?_r=0

I'm sharing this article as this is an artist after my own heart. I've been doing much the same thing, not on the streets themselves, but working from photos in my studio, painting "what is here today that might be gone tomorrow". Reading about this artist - 85 years old! - still working and productive, makes my heart sing. Rock on Hedy.

I'm still at work at my easel and will be posting some new paintings soon.

No comments: