Monday, March 23, 2015

A New York pillow

New York Themed Pillow
Machine pieced
16 x 16 inches


Something a little different today. In addition to being a painter of the urban landscape, I've recently taken up the art of quilting. I've been learning a lot and it is a wonderful new artistic adventure.

The Empire Quilt Guild of which I am a member, will be holding a large show the week-end of March 28-29, 2015 at FIT and I will have a quilt on display. In addition, I've made a number of pillows which will be for sale in the Member's Boutique. Of course I made a few with a New York City theme and this is just one example. I'm really looking forward to seeing the exhibit and I'm prepared to be inspired by what people are doing with needle, thread, fabric and machine these days.

If you would like more information on the Empire Quilters Urban Inspirations show, here is the link.

1 comment:

Melissa B. Tubbs said...

I'm absolutely in love with your pillow. What a fabulous idea! Wish I could come to the show.