Monday, January 13, 2020

Study_Two Gentlemen in LIC


Two Genglemen in LIC
Oil on panel
8x8 inches


I have been painting the places and people in Long Island City, Queens, NY since the 1980's.

This small scale painting is the newest addition to my ongoing series.

These two gents, an architect/photographer and an artist/teacher live in a beautifully designed home on the one historic block in the area and are both very involved with the artistic community of LIC. And yes, people do still sit on their stoops in the neighborhood on those homes that still have stoops. The rampant new development rarely if ever incorporates this architectural feature, sad to say. I happened to be passing by one morning on my way to my studio and stopped for a friendly chat and a few photos. Never know when one might become a painting and this is the result.


No comments: