Thursday, July 23, 2020

Midnight Blue ESB

Midnight Blue ESB
Oil on panel
8x8 inches
SOLD


Life these past months have been far from the usual routine. On the days I am unable to get to my studio, I've set up a small easel on my kitchen table and have been working on small scale paintings. This painting, the Empire State Building, standing majestically against a midnight blue sky, is the first of the "kitchen table series" that I'll probably be working on until the day the Covid pandemic is under control and traveling on the subway becomes part of my regular routine once more. To get to LIC, I've been walking several miles to and from the ferry on the East River. Getting some exercise and it is great to be able to get to the studio on the days that the weather cooperates. Not always the case during these hazy, hot, humid and thunderstorm filled summer days. Taking it day to day which is all any of us can do. Where there is a will, there is a way, and so far, this solution seems to be working. Stay safe and well and wear those masks and social distance. It seems that is the best we can do during this very unprecedented and difficult time in our history.

No comments: