Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Marvelous in Midtown

 

Marvelous in Midtown
10x10 inches
Oil on panel

 I was walking along Sixth Avenue one day when I stopped dead in my tracks by this French bakery's  storefront display. What caught my attention was the GINORMOUS chandelier, glistening and glinting and casting a warm glow over the counters filled with sweet treats. I admit to being a sucker for those crystals as I've always enjoyed my jaunts to the lighting district in the Bowery and have been inspired to create a painting. On googling this new bakery I learned that the chain Aux Merveilleux de Fred has 2 locations in Manhattan and has brought wonderful French baking to our fair city.

If you find yourself on 37th Street one day, you too might be enchanted and motivated to check out this marvelous culinary addition to the streetscape of New York.

 


No comments: