Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Brooks in LIC

Quiet afternoon in the neighborhood

"Waiting at Brooks"
Oil on canvas
10 x 8 inches


I've been busy working on my new series of Long Island City-inspired paintings for an upcoming show this December and January at Art-O-Mat in LIC and I'm having a great time. Keep finding more and more paintings that I want to do, but I know I'll only complete a fraction of them in time for the show. Have a nice group done so far and look forward to sharing some of them with you on this blog. Today's painting is a recent one and very "Hopperesque" in feel - I just saw the light hitting the side of this old restaurant in the neighborhood with a lone figure and I quickly took a few photos in hopes of doing a painting. Loved the light and shadow and the quiet feeling of the street on a late week-end afternoon.

No comments: