Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Summer Solo Show

Art in the mountains of Pennsylvania

"Puck Building" study
Oil on canvas
10 x 8 inches


Last summer some of my paintings left steamy NYC for the lovely island of Martha's Vineyard for an exhibition. This summer 30 of my small to mid-sized paintings will be heading to the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania. I've been invited to exibit at Gallery 705, an intimate and inviting gallery in Stroudsburg. When choosing the work for the show I decided the space lent itself well to my smaller-scaled paintings so I selected a nice range of work from recent pieces to several older ones. This study of the Puck Building on the corner of Lafayette and Houston Streets is in the show of streetscapes, architectural details and reflection paintings.


"Madison Reflections II"
Oil on canvas
12 x 9 inches


For more information about the gallery, here is a link

I plan to spend the summer trying to keep my cool and to keep on painting.

1 comment:

Citypath said...

there are so many great art galleries in NY!