Friday, July 10, 2009

"In Celebration"

30th Anniversary Celebration

"Flushing Landmark"
Oil on canvas
22 x 26 inches


The annual members exhibit of the Flushing Council on Arts and Culture is celebrating their 30th anniversary with a show at historic Flushing Town Hall. I found this painting hidden in the racks that I had done 30 years ago of the building, when I was living nearby. An extensive renovation had been done since the painting was completed and the building now hosts a variety of cultural events and exhibits. How fitting that I found the painting. I am going to deliver it and it will be on view somewhere in the building, perhaps the gift shop.


"LIC/Short Triangle"
Oil on canvas
15 x 30 inches


As for the exhibition, I've submitted one of my Long Island City paintings, "LIC/Short Triangle" . The opening reception is on Saturday, July 11th from 2-5 pm and the show runs through September 13th. For more info click here.

No comments: