Thursday, January 15, 2015

LIC Waterfront Crabhouse

LIC/Waterfront Crabhouse
Oil on canvas
9 x 12 inches


My first completed painting for 2015. Started working on it last year and finally saw it through to completion. I worked on this painting from a photograph I took several years ago. The Waterfront Crabhouse has a great bar area with walls and ceiling festooned with old posters and hats from many different organizations. It is a colorful and cozy interior and the food is not bad either. The restaurant took a big hit during Hurricane Sandy, but they are back up and running. My artist friend Donna raves about their lobster in black bean sauce! This painting marks another in my continuing series of documenting the Long Island City neighborhood where I've had my studio since 1980. Amidst all the fast paced development in the neighborhood, I'm glad to see some of the long-time establishments still holding their own.

1 comment:

Donna's Daily Sky said...

great painting and i see lobster in black bean sauce in our near future!