Friday, June 10, 2016

Central Park's Bethesda Fountain (study)

Bethesda Fountain (study)
Oil on panel
6x6 inches
SOLD


This new small painting is a scene in Central Park, where it seems everyone who visits the park gathers at one time or another. An oasis in the heart of bustling Manhattan, the park is indeed one of New York's crown jewels.

On another note, a terrific exhibition of contemporary printmakers is now on view at The Old Print Shop on Lexington Avenue and 30th Street. Lot's of New York City scenes are included. Here is a link to the online exhibit.

One last note, last week-end I attended the Alumni Art Exhibit at Adelphi University, my alma mater. Four of my paintings were selected and were installed nicely in the new performing arts building. I hadn't returned since I graduated many moons ago and there were numerous changes to the campus. Two friends joined me and it was an interesting day spent revisiting old haunts and memories.



No comments: