Thursday, June 23, 2016

Chocolate Galor in Times Square

Chocolate Times Square Reflections
Oil on canvas
12x12 inches


A few years ago when cousins were visiting New York, we ended up in the Times Square area more than once. The reflections of the Hershey's Chocolate World store caught my eye and I snapped a photograph. We did stop in and my cousins bought some treats. I thought my photo might make for an interesting painting one day and it finally has.

Growing up there was always a lot of chocolate goodies in my home as my mom had a real sweet tooth. When I visited my grandma in Brooklyn on Saturdays, she always had a box of Hershey's chocolate bars stored in her credenza for me. In high school, I often picked up a box of chocolate covered cherries on my way home. I was a chocolate lover as so many are but I also suffered from migraines. As an adult I learned that chocolate is one of the main triggers for migraines, so sadly, I said good-bye to the sweet stuff and haven't had a bite in years. The headaches subsided as well.

But, chocolate lovers abound and the Hershey's store in Times Square is always crowded and doing a booming business.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think most Mehlers would rather tolerate the headaches thsn give up the chocolate. I remember the trip when you snapped the picture.
Lovely☺